Shake Shack—the mega (delicious) burger chain that launched in NYC and has since grown to 200+ locations worldwide—is planning to open its first Triangle location in Waverly Place in Cary, and we're kind of freaking out.
Shake Shack has confirmed that they're aiming for a fall 2019 opening for the new space, which will include a giant patio. The restaurant will also be built using recycled and sustainable materials, including funky table tops make from reclaimed bowling alley lanes.
For those of you who haven't gotten to taste Shake Shack's food before, here's what you can expect:
- Burgers made from house-ground meat in a proprietary blend that are pressed onto the hot grill to create a crisp-surfaced, diner-style patty. These are then topped with a special Shack Sauce that's the perfect combo of all your favorite burger toppings (mayo, ketchup, and mustard with a little bit of pickling brine, if you're to believe the recipe in their cookbook—though we imagine there are other secret ingredients they aren't divulging). All served on a pillowy potato bun.
- Chicken sandwiches (look out, Chick-fil-A), hot dogs, and a Portabello burger if you're in the mood for something a little different.
- Crinkle cut french fries that we 100% recommend getting drenched in their cheddar-American cheese sauce.
- Frozen custard, which you can get on its own, in a milkshake, or have whipped up with any number of delicious mix-ins for a concrete.
- Special treats just for your pup, including house made dog cookies and even a "Pooch-ini" doggy sundae made with their vanilla concrete.
- Beer and wine served on-site (including the ShackMeister Ale made just for them by Brooklyn Brewery), because who doesn't want a brew with your burger?
Shake Shack also tends to work with local businesses to create specialty menu items unique to each location, so we're starting to dream up the possibilities. (Burger topped with Ashley Christensen's famous mac and cheese? Concrete float inside a Barrel Culture beer slushie? Dame's Chicken and Waffle sandwich?)
We'll keep you updated as we hear more, but in the meantime if you can't wait to devour this goodness, take a road trip down to Charlotte where they opened two locations last year (one in Blakeney and one on Park Road).