The Upside Down Halloween
Don't be a mouth breather! Hop on your bikes and travel to the Upside Down! Enjoy a strange experience filled with themed science stations and activities before dancing the night away to 80's hits.
"Hop on your bikes and travel to the Upside Down! Enjoy a strange experience filled with themed science stations and activities before dancing the night away in the SECU Daily Planet Theater to hits from the 1980s!
Don't be a mouth breather! '80s-era Halloween costumes are encouraged, so dust off those proton packs and jazzercise leotards and make sure you're dressed to the 11s.
- Discover the real world "monstrous" carnivorous plants and predators that inspired the Demogorgon.
- Crack our Christmas Light Code Breaker.
- Play classic video and home arcade games from the 1980s.
- Explore the Upside Down through our green screen portal to another dimension.
- Learn about real "gorgons" from our prehistoric past.
- Harness your psychic and telekinetic powers and more!
Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at the door, $10 for Friends of the Museum members (no matter when you buy). Beer, wine, cocktails and food will be available for purchase. You must be 21 years or older to attend. A photo ID is required for entry.
Become a Catalyst member and get access to sold out events, including The Upside Down Halloween! Enjoy the first round of drinks on us! For just $12 a month, you and a "plus one" will receive two free drink tickets at each Adult Night, a complimentary pair of tickets to one Adult Night of your choice and more! Become a Catalyst today!
All proceeds benefit the Friends of the NC Museum of Natural Sciences. Proceeds from Friends' activities — including gift shop sales, memberships and events — support Museum programs, research and exhibits.
COSTUME AND MASK POLICY
- For the safety of all visitors, we ask that guests refrain from wearing full face masks or other items which completely obscure the face.
- Costumes should not contain any elements which resemble, or could easily be mistaken for, an actual weapon.
- The Museum reserves the right to turn away any guest with a costume that we deem offensive or unsafe." - NC Museum of Natural Sciences
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
11 W Jones St
Raleigh, NC 27601
Suggest an Edit
Friday, October 26th, 7:00p - 10:00p
Currently featured in these guides: