"Home picklers from all over the Triangle are welcome to enter our home-picklers contest being held at the The Rickhouse on Sat. June 22 from 11am - 12:30pm when judging begins.
Sample through the various pickled products and vote on their favorite. Local pickle pros will judge pickles in the following categories:
* DILL CUCUMBER PICKLE
* SWEET PICKLED ITEM (fruits/veggies)
* UNIQUE PICKLED ITEM (for example- all other non-cucumber pickled veggies) (https://youtu.be/DIaWYYX37kY ;) )
* FERMENTED PICKLED ITEM
* Bring your pickles to The Rickhouse 9am
* Stick around to participate in the public tasting.
* Each contestant is required to bring 3 pints of pickles (2 for public sampling and 1 jar for the judges).
* Please bring your pickles prepared and cut up ahead of time (or bring supplies to prepare at the event).
* Contestants may submit to multiple pickle categories.
* Contestants must register before the day of the event (there will be no tickets as we will have a registration list)
Picklers should email their name and category to Sarah Mack, email@example.com BEFORE the day of the event.
EACH CONTESTANT will receive 1 free VIP access to PickleFest Durham 2019 on Sun. June 23 where WINNERS will be given prizes!