"Outdoor Disc Golf Putting League at The Glass Jug Beer Lab every Monday night at 6pm!
Weekly single- or double-elimination tournament (based on the total number of participants) of random pair doubles. $5 entry fee per person.
WEEKLY TOURNAMENT RULES:
- Partners and seeding assigned by random card draw.
- Putting begins by a flip of the disc to determine which team putts first.
- Each putting court consists of 2 baskets that are 30 ft apart (no jump putting or step putting per PDGA rules).
- A player from each team will stand at each basket. Player 1 will putt once, followed by player 2, then player 1 will take their 2nd putt, followed by player 2.
- One made putt is worth 1 point, Two made putts in the same turn is worth 3 points.
- The two players at the other end will then put in the same fashion.
- Switch sides every round
- Games run to 21 and must be won by 2 or more points.
- The turn (both players at one end taking both putts) is completed even if 21 points is reached by either team prior to the end of that turn.
- Scores are reported to the table for recording in the bracket
There will be a points format for the season with a season champion announced at the end of the season.
1 point is awarded to each participant each week.
The top 3 placing teams each week will earn extra points:
3rd place: 1 point
2nd place: 3 points
1st place: 5 points
For example, each member of the winning team will earn 6 points ( 1 for attendance and 5 for 1st place)
The Glass Jug will be donating prizes (swag and gift cards) to the highest-scoring individuals at the end of the season.
The link to the season standings for the Durham Putting league is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZnzB8NWyV4JzkVGtI9TeNkCYU2885Tgg/view?usp=sharing_eip&ts=5b71b4cf
Minors are welcome to play, and will be paired with their playing guardian. All minors at The Glass Jug must remain supervised at all times. Dogs are allowed in the outdoor beer garden where the putting league takes place."