"Les Dames d’Escoffier’s North Carolina Chapter will host their annual fundraiser to benefit the NC K-12 Culinary Institute’s Junior Chef Competition, and No Kid Hungry, in honor of award-winning Pastry Chef Karen Barker. This years’ event will feature dishes by celebrated “Dudes” (as follows). Guests will meet and mingle with Les Dames d’Escoffier members who are chefs, caterers, journalistic writers, cookbook authors, restaurateurs and leaders in North Carolina’s culinary industry.
Bill Smith and Justin Burdett, Crook’s Corner
Phil Bey, Saint James Seafood
Josh DeCarolis, Mothers & Sons
Sean Fowler, Mandolin
Sam McGann, The Blue Point
La Farm Bakery Breads
Two beverage tickets are included in the ticket price, providing an opportunity to experience craft cocktails prepared by Kingfisher’s Sean Umstead featuring Dame Melissa Katrincic’s award-winning Conniption Gin, produced at Durham Distillery.
The event will take place at the stunning Lavender Oaks Farm – a working lavender farm featuring several acres of regal purple fields, elegantly restored barns, woodland trails, surrounded by 60 private acres of majestic oaks and pristine forest. Guests are invited to visit Lavendar Oaks Farm at 3833 Millard Whitley Road in Chapel Hill, from 4:00 – 7:00pm. Tickets are $95, or $100 with one raffle ticket, and include chef tastings and two beverage tickets for wine, beer, cider and craft cocktails. Tickets are non-refundable, but are transferrable to a friend or guest and may be purchased at https://www.brownpapertickets.
If you’re unable to attend, please support the fundraiser by purchasing $10 Raffle Tickets: https://www.lesdamesnc.com/
· VIP Pass for two to Terra Vita’s 10th Anniversary Fall Fete October 19th, Chapel Hill
· A Day at the Seasonal School of Culinary Arts between July 28-August 3rd, Asheville
· Overnight at The Dunhill Hotel coupled with gift certificate to The Asbury, Charlotte
· Cooking Class with Amanda Cushman for Two, Triangle area
· Chef Timothy Grandinetti’s signed “Soulful Harvest” Cookbook and Tasting Menu for Two at Spring House, Winston-Salem
· $50 Gift Certificate to Saltbox Seafood, Durham
Special thanks to our sponsors Got to Be NC Department of Agriculture and the Katie Button Restaurant Group; Plus DJ Ez-Hutch for the entertainment, and Karen Macdonald for donating the stunning event venue, Lavendar Oaks Farm. Stay tuned for more raffle announcements!"