"New Date: Two Great Events, One SUNsational Day!
To reduce the impact on Dorothea Dix Park and its neighbors we have decided to combine two upcoming events into one SUNsational celebration… Destination SunFest at Dix Park on Saturday, July 13! Please update your calendar and plan to join us on July 13 for all the fun… and sunflowers.
SEEK Raleigh arts festival is still taking place May 31 - June 1 at the park!
Get all the event information here >>> SEEK Raleigh at Dix Park <<<
You're invited to join us for a family-friendly festival spectacular...with sunflowers! Enjoy food and drinks, live entertainment and fun activities for kids and adults...and make sure to stick around until the end of the night for a special fireworks display. All rides, games, and activities at the event are FREE.
Destination Dix 2.0 is a celebration of Raleigh City Council adopting the Dorothea Dix Park Master Plan on February 19th, 2019. A year after the City purchased the Dix campus from the State of North Carolina in 2015 for the purpose of developing a great destination park, we hosted Destination Dix to commemorate this milestone and to kick-off the park planning process. Now we are hosting Destination Dix 2.0 to celebrate the completion of the Master Plan and welcome the entire community to become part of the next phase of Dorothea Dix Park!
Please RSVP! Registration is not required, but it does help us to know how many guests to expect and we can contact you with important event information. This event is free to the public thanks to Dorothea Dix Park Conservancy donors.
Activities + Entertainment:
And of course...Sunflowers!
How to Get There + Parking:
- This is going to be a BIG event! To maximize safety and to provide the best experience for everyone at the park, there is no parking on Dorothea Dix Park campus for this event. Free vehicle parking will be available on NC State Centennial Campus with a free shuttle running between the parking lots and Dorothea Dix Park.
What to Bring:
- Your friends and family
- Your kiddos
- A picnic blanket or lawn chairs
- A small cooler or picnic basket with food and non-alcoholic drinks
- Refillable water bottles
What is NOT allowed:
- Dogs + Pets
- Outside Alcohol
- Smoking is not permitted in the park
- Drones + Other Aerial Devices
Please note, this program will involve walking on grass, on uneven surfaces, across all forms of terrain." - Dorothea Dix Park