"For those seeking to challenge their physical abilities, the North Carolina Zoo's new Air Hike is a must for fun and adventure! This elevated course features a series of activities designed to safely test balance and climbing skills plus increase self-reliance. After putting on a harness and donning a helmet, you and your friends will scamper up the rope tunnel to the central hub platform. From there, 11 other platforms beckon you to complete 23 obstacles. A skilled guide will encourage you along and give tips for navigating the system. Obstacles include swinging logs, plank walk, tightrope, Burma bridge, spider web, post hop and balance beam to name a few.
To ensure the fun and safety of everyone participating, please review the following requirements:
• A signed release form is required prior to participating on the course.
• Must be 60" tall to participate alone or 48" tall and accompanied on the course at all times by someone who is at least 60" tall
• Participant maximum weight is 250 lbs.
• Must safely fit in full body harness; confidential weigh-in may be required
• Dresses and skirts not allowed due to elevated course and full body harness.
• No flip-flops, open toe or open heel shoes. Ensure shoelaces are tied and shoes secure.
• Empty your pockets. Storage containers available at ticketing.
• No loose objects such as cell phones or cameras.
• Secure your eyewear. Not responsible for lost or misplaced personal items.
• No gum, food or drinks allowed on Air Hike.
• Only one participant on an activity at a time, unless chaperone is assisting a child." — NC Zoo