One of the top triangle breweries is getting into the craft spirits game! Lonerider Brewing Company announced this week that they'll be launching a sister spirits distillery, Lonerider Spirits. While they won't be pouring booze until the fall, there's plenty you can do now to start getting excited for this NC liquor.
Here's what you need to know:
- Lonerider Spirits' first product will a bourbon whiskey finished in sherry casks. It will be released this fall in North Carolina.
- They're planning a second spirit in 2019—it's still a mystery what it will be.
- Yes, there will be crossover between the beer and spirits! Lonerider plans to create several whiskeys based off its beer recipes, including the crowd favorite Sweet Josie Brown Ale.
- The spirits will be bottled at a distillery in Durham, and distributed in ABC stores and hundreds of bars and restaurants in North Carolina (and other states, soon).
- For information on Lonerider Spirits, follow on Instagram or join the conversation with #LoneriderSpirits.
- Can't wait to buy a glass? Put your money towards helping Lonerider Spirits get off the ground with their Kickstarter campaign. The fundraising goal of at least $20,000 will go toward first-year production and marketing costs, and by pledging you'll get exclusive early access to Lonerider Spirits swag and event experiences.
“We can’t wait to introduce our Lonerider Spirits brand to our current Lonerider ‘outlaw’ community,” says Chris Mielke, the president of Lonerider Spirits. “We are confident our fans will be just as passionate about our spirits as they are our beers.”
We are awakening these babies from their slumber...